Ok, my life has been crazy for almost an entire year but I am back and promise to catch everyone up and post more often. It will be my goal to post at least once a week.
So what has been going on you ask. Well, my job for one, it has kept me more busy that I thought it would. I am still loving it, something new everyday and I continue to learn from my co-worker, Kent. Thanks to him for all the shared knowledge.
So I receive this challenge today from a blogger friend for an award.
She is required to ask 11 questions and I am going to try to answer them. I don’t get to follow many blogs anymore because of several things, lack of time, PINTEREST, grandchildren, children…
Here are the questions (and my answers).
1. Give us your 30 second commercial for your blog.
Need something to do, stop by my blog to see what is happening in our little community (well, guess I had better be more dedicated right?)
2. What makes you smile?
My family, all of you crazy people who claim to be a relative to me. Working on our family tree, so far we have 1890 people found to be related to us.
3. What’s your super power, real or for pretend? The love I have for my family and friends. Most of you already know I would do anything in my power to help you and I love each and every one of you.
4. Who’s your hero and why are they so cool? My parents, they have struggled so much in their life and are still together and in love, they are so cute, holding hands, calling each other cute little names. Can you believe they met on a blind date on Valentine’s Day, she was a city girl, he was a country boy, 53 years later… their love story is still being written.
5. And your motto on life would be?
Live, Laugh, Love. or As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
6. Stuck on a deserted island and you have your choice of 5 things, what would they be?
Only 5?? Family, friends, plenty of food, a good book, and quilting supplies. Not a very good list for someone working in disaster preparedness, huh?
7. In a perfect world where you would be right now?
Right where I am now, my little piece of heaven just north of Hatton Missouri with the love of my life.
8. Within your family, what do think has been influenced you the most, your spot in the birth order, the cousins you grew up with, your parents teachings, or something else and if so what?
Oh wow, this one is hard. I didn’t understand how important cousins were until after I was out of high school, they were always around and we were always doing things together. But probably my parents teaching, of course, my aunts and uncles had the same values and us cousins grew up knowing the rules, no matter who was around.
9. Tell some of your favorites and why they make the list.
Favorite what?? Book? Gone with the Wind (love the book better than the movie), Sports teams? St. Louis Cardinals and Dallas Cowboys (loved them especially in the 70s before the drugs and other illegal activities)NASCAR go #29, Neighbors? Too many to list here, we live in a wonderful community, foods? come on have you seen me, I like to eat.
10. Which sport reminds you most of life and what lessons have you learned from it?
Baseball, there is a strategy and you have to play it all, sometimes errors occur, pick yourself up and learn from it and score, three strikes and you are out (remember that one!!), there is always another game to play, we don’t just play on Sunday.
11. If you could turn back time or freeze a particular time, when would that be and why?
July 1999. Before my father-in-law passed away, I so bad want to tell him one more time what a wonderful dad is was and before my grandmother knew she had cancer (and didn’t tell us!). But that also means we would still be raising our kids and have no grandchildren yet. Maybe I will take right now.
Some of these will surprise you, some won’t. I am sure my hubby and kids will know the answers before they read them.
Now, back to happenings in Hatton. We are having the traditional Valentine’s Dinner at the church on February 16th. The youth group is once again organizing this event. Thanks so much to them for making Valentine’s dinner easier for us (no standing in line for hours! and feeling rushed and we know the food will be great!).
Thursday is the County COAD meeting, if you are interested in helping prepare for a disaster, show up at the County Health Department at 11:00 am. Suicide subcommittee is at 10 am.
February 20th and 27th is KFJ and Youth at Pleasant Grove UMC. Starts at 6:00 pm, bring the kids hungry, they have supper for everyone.
February 22 is the Hatton Extension Club party night. Fingerfood’s will be carried in, and will have a party of some sort afterward. Always a good time, and get to visit with neighbors.
More next week, I promise!